When you hear the word holiday, what comes in to your mind ? Most of the people are like, shopping, parties, hanging around and catalogs rank near the top of their list. The truth is, many holidays are becoming so commercialized that our proud traditions are in danger of becoming trivialized. Many of us, do not even know the true meaning of holidays.
Memorial Day has morphed from remembering our fallen soldiers to the unofficial beginning of summer. Labor Day’s role in recognizing the achievements of organized labor now just marks the end of summer and a return to school.
Tradition is the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way. Traditions represent a critical piece of our culture. They actually remind us that we are a part of a history that defines our past, shapes who we are today and who we are likely to become. Therefore, we cannot ignore the meaning of traditions or our culture.
- Tradition enhances a sense of comfort and belonging. It brings our families together and enables people to reconnect with their friends and family members.
- Tradition reinforces values such as freedom, honesty, integrity, education, responsibilities, a strong work ethic, and the value of being selfless.
- Tradition provides a forum to showcase the real role models and celebrate the things that really matter in our lives.
- Tradition offers a chance to say “thank you” for the contribution that someone has made in our lives in anyway.
- Tradition serves as an opportunity for creating lasting memories with and for our families and friends.
As leaders, role models, and our parents, we must crave to utilize every opportunity which is available to us to reinforce the values and beliefs that we hold. But what we do is take these values for granted. The result is that our beliefs will get so faded, over time, that our way of living life will become foreign to us.
So don’t take it for granted and value these before they gets diluted and we forget “our world” because ‘Tradition Matters’.
#THINK POSITIVE, STAY MOTIVATED !!